Thursday, March 31, 2016

Treadmill progression run

I took yesterday off because I knew I wanted to do some form of speed work on the treadmill today (I was once very good at pacing, but during my last pregnancy I lost that skill, so I've been utilizing the treadmill in our fitness center here at our apartment complex to help me get back into knowing what different paces feel like)... I decided on a short progression run.

I warmed up at an easy pace for one mile, the dialed into my first progression mile at a 9:23 pace (fast runners, please don't cringe or laugh too hard at the fact that these paces were actually a pretty decent challenge for me... I've lost a LOT in the way of speed since before I got pregnant with my youngest), then did my second mile at 8:57, and my final progression mile at 8:34, then an easy cool down.


So for my last run of March I did a 5 miler, bringing my March total for Miles for Mothers (remember that this "month" didn't start until the 21st) to 20 miles even!

So now, if you go to the form for pledging a mileage-based donation (which you can see HERE) you have the option to sign up for this current week and for the month of April! You can also pledge a donation based on my upcoming race (the Destin Half) HERE, or you can make a one time non-pledge donation HERE


I still only have one pledge so far, so please SIGN UP! Not only would you be making a difference for moms struggling with postpartum mood disorders, but you'll also get a THANK YOU from me (and possibly a thank you GIFT, depending on how much you donate!)

Yep, it's all in the "About" page up there, but here's the part about how to earn a THANK YOU GIFT:

"People who make one time donations will be listed on my supporters list on this blog, as will people who pledge donations based on my mileage/races. There are three levels of supporters. The bottom level (any donation amount) is the Bronze Level, the mid level (total amount of donations from one time and pledged amounts is at least $100) is the Silver Level, and the top level (for those whose total amount of donations including one time and pledged amounts total at least $200) is the Gold Level.
Bronze supporters will receive a virtual thank you message at the end of the current campaign (for this one, that is on June 19). Silver supporters will receive a mailed hand written thank you card and small token. Gold supporters will receive a small gift pack as a thank you.

There is also a special Mile Markers list reserved for those who donate over $150 in pledged donations for my weekly/monthly mileage. Mile Markers will receive a specific thank you gift."


Yep, so go ahead and pledge a donation or just make a one time donation (or maybe... do both? Doing both would be pretty awesome!) and let's make this a huge success for Postpartum Progress! Remember, my fundraising for Postpartum Progress ends on June 19th... so there's less than 3 months to make a big difference!!

No comments:

Post a Comment