Monday, March 21, 2016

It starts now!

This is the first official post of Miles for Mothers, and my first official call for supporters!

To kick off this blog I am raising money for Postpartum Progress during their Climb Out Of The Darkness campaign.
Postpartum Progress helps raise awareness and provide support to those suffering from postpartum mood disorders by providing evidence based options for help.

There is an About page up there if you are wondering how this all works, plus a short description of why I chose Postpartum Progress.


Now for the running... I just ran (literally two days ago!) in the Rock N Fly Half Marathon here in Pensacola. It ended up being a hot one so my time wasn't as good as I'd hoped, but it was still a great time.

I'm (understandably) taking a couple days off to make sure I don't push myself, but I'm planning to get out there for an easy shakeout run tomorrow or Wednesday.

Which means, mileage pledges can start NOW (don't know what that is? check out the About page I mentioned!)


So, do you want to jump start my fundraising, as well as offer awesome motivation for my running? Then let's go!

If you would like to pledge a donation for my weekly/monthly mileage, please go to this link: PLEDGE!
Fill out that form, then wait for my email at the end of this week/month with your total donation amount and how to donate. That's it!

And you can always make a one time donation (on its own or in addition to pledging) by going HERE

I'll be updating on here and on Facebook with my runs, so you can see how I'm doing.

I'm currently training for my next half (which is in just under 4 weeks in Destin, FL), and you'll also be able to pledge donations based on my race performance (more on that later).

For now, thanks for checking out this blog, and if you decided to help out, a big thank you for your support and generosity!




No comments:

Post a Comment